Civilian agencies have diverse missions, but all need innovations and insights that move programs forward. Herren works with civilian agencies across the federal government to boost performance, lower costs, and serve the public better. Our mission is to maximize the value of every dollar spent.
“Stop looking for solutions to problems and start looking for the right path.”
— Andy Stanley
Using our proprietary SMART™ methodology, Herren works with our clients to document the full acquisition life cycle and identify the root causes of strained budgets and poor outcomes. This enables us to address systemic problems and re-engineer processes to create long-term solutions, not just quick fixes.
Our expert team thrives on solving complex agency challenges. We bring technological savvy and disciplined thinking to our clients’ missions, backed by sound strategy. Our expertise is built on the foundation of Herren’s nearly 30-year history of helping government leaders make better decisions.
We know how to support agency decision makers as they confront mission and budget realities. We have experience across the federal enterprise, from law enforcement, veterans’ affairs, and cyber security, to healthcare, environment, financial services, and transportation. We’re also experts at implementing cross-agency goals.
Here are a few examples of how Herren has transformed operations at our civilian partner agencies:
- We created a unique government-wide framework for executing federal performance management across the diverse Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Act agencies
- We built the process and infrastructure for federal performance management professionals to use for agency priority goals and cross-agency goals
- We ignited improvement across CFO Act agencies by providing dedicated resources to foster collaboration, drive change, and evaluate impact
- We deepened federal performance improvement by implementing capacity-building programs for CFO Act agency performance mangers
- We advanced data transparency, modernization, and e-government
- We led shared services transition and integration across the government
- We reduced improper payments to ensure maximum value for taxpayer dollars
- We designed innovative education and employment pathways to create opportunities for veterans and their families